Welcome

A Black British Beauty Blogger

Sunday 18 March 2012

Sleek Blush by 3- Flame

Dear reader,

It has come to my attention that I have been a bit remiss  in not fulfilling my statement to post swatches of Sleek's Blush By 3 Flame -sorry.


Sleek Bush By 3 - Flame
 Recap
Sleek is a UK brand that women of colour of a certain age in the UK have practically grown up with over the years. Previously, every good black hair stockist had Sleek makeup in their store and many of us started out on our makeup journeys with one of their lipsticks / foundations/ blushers/ eyeliner/ mascara.  We liked that they had shades that catered for us, weren't afraid to show black women in adverts and had extremely pigmented products that stood the test of time on our skin.

Good, quality makeup for women of colour was soooo hard to come by in the UK, despite there being  a sizable ethnic population. It is only in the last five years that brands have started to cater for a wider range of skin shades, the revamping of Sleek co-inside with this revolution and a new 'sleeker' [intended pun] brand was relaunched with many of the products you see on the various social media sites today.



Back to Blush by 3....

I have passed on the other two palettes (Sugar & Lace) as I wasn't enamoured with the swatches I took in store. As you may have read on other reviews, many of the shades are similar dupes to existing blushes within the range, I would not go so far as to say they are exactly the same -perhaps a matt version, but they were worth the mini stampede on Superdrug by those of us who love Sleek. 



Sleek B-lsh by 3 - Fame swatches

 I am a bit of a blush junkie and so wanted to add to my collection, with my favourites shades from La Femme. I noticed that the majority of my blushes were reddish - browns / brown and a few coral and plums to the mix. Not going to lie, the idea of a red blush kinda scared me but the shades in the Flame palette didn't have me running for the hills so I decided to be brave and purchase it.

The £9.99 price didn't hurt either!
Sleek Blush By 3 Palette- Back of Palette


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave a comment. Please leave a nickname for all anon posts as I may respond.