Welcome

A Black British Beauty Blogger

Wednesday 25 April 2012

La Femme Blush

sienna, golden sunset, framboseia, bordeaux, magenta, Cinnabar




There is a LOT of hype surrounding these blushes on the Internet and I first stumbled across them via Youtube  - thanks Colouredbeautiful / DestineyGodly / AfricanExport.

La Femme is a professional makeup brand popular in the US for the quality and price of it's products, in particular, blushes. With a MAC (powder) blush costing anything from £17.50 ($28.10 USD), having a product that is on sale for  $2.50 (£1.55) online (price varying if in an individual pan or refill) certainly pique my interest.
 


sienna, golden sunset, framboseia, bordeaux, magenta, Cinnabar





La Femme is not a brand readily available in the UK and having decided that I wanted to try these blushes I was disappointed that there was an absence of swatches online, particularly on Black  (women of colour / African - Caribbean) skin. Eventually I deiced to act on the suggestions that the aforementioned makeup gurus on YT and placed on order for six via MakeupMania. I opted for the individual pans as I dislike bulky and cumbersome makeup palettes (I am not a professional and so do not want to carry around twelve blushes when on holiday).

 I managed to get my hands on the majority of the colours I wanted with the exception of Russett and Orange. 


sienna, golden sunset, framboseia, bordeaux, magenta, Cinnabar
sienna, golden sunset, framboseia, bordeaux, magenta, Cinnabar
La Femme Blushes Swatches (natural light)
Colours:
Sienna:  This redidy brown blus is a must fave for women of colour. If I can't decided what blush to wear, then I know I will look good with this on. Recently I have opted to wear this on with NYX's Cocca for added colour depth and it is amazing.
Magenta: Lovely vibrant blue pink (similar to Sleek's Santorini for those of us in the UK)
Cinnabar: Lovely golden colour, I tend to wear this in the summer months.
Golden Sunset: Rich coral red colour, again an excellent summer colour on woc.
Bordeaux: Now this purple/ plum colour looks very blah in the pot and in swatches online but Ebony, of ColouredBeauitful, waxed lyrical to the point that I took a risk and I am glad I did as it is gorrrrrroeous on! You can see from the swatch that there is a lot of shimmer / glitter but on my cheeks this absorbs into my skin and takes my look up by several notches
Framoseia: Almost neon in it's brightness pink with shots of glitter, definite staple for my deeper skinned ladies.
sienna, golden sunset, framboseia, bordeaux, magenta, Cinnabar
La Femme Swatches (Flash)
Products:
The products lived up to their hype, extremely pigmented, long lasting and excellent finishes. You only require a small amount- seriously; what ever you normally use halve it, then halve it again as it you will not need all of that product and then tap off the excess. The blushes have a tendency to appear powdery and may bleed into other colours if in a pan without a suitable cover. However, the pigmentation means that you can use them on the lips and eyes to. 


The only negative I have about the product is that there was a absence of  UK companies that sold the brand but this has changed since I last purchased my blushes 18 months ago.


I will definitely be repurchasing La Femme Blushes and would like some suggestions on which colours I should get.

What do you think of these blushes?

3 comments:

  1. Lovely clear swatches. they look even prettier in the pots than in a palette. i see you've gone for the high-impact, vibrant colours (like i did).
    If you are still looking to purchase more of these may i suggest:
    Orange, Red, Redwood, Plum Frost, Stormy Rose, Mulberry, Purple Passion, & Magenta.
    These rich shades will be sure to compliment darker skin tones.
    .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are really nice but I feel like I can't wear blush. I don't think it looks good on me

    ReplyDelete

Hi, feel free to leave a comment. Please leave a nickname for all anon posts as I may respond.