Welcome

A Black British Beauty Blogger

Friday 30 March 2012

Product Rave: No7 Beautiful Skin Melting Gel Cleanser

Boots No7 Cleanser
Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Melting Gel Cleanser
The gel formula makes it easy to manage. I use a cotton pad and a light hand to remove even the best waterproof mascara. The moisture the gel produces upon contact with my skin is the real reason why I love this product as I have eczema and so my skin needs moisture. I usually skip cleansers altogether as I find them abrasive; this cleanser was the exact opposite, leaving a comfortable oiled residue on my skin.

How I use it: 
Taking a cotton pad I wipe off my makeup and let the oil soak into my skin for a while, rinsing off the product when I have a shower later. I should mention that this is not how it is supposed to be used but it works for me; checking out the reviews on Boot's website I'm not alone in disregarding the instructions.

Product pros: 
  • 5/5 for makeup removal 
  • Love the smell - it doesn't irritate me
  • Gel formula - prevents waste of product 
Negatives:
  • Price (we are in a recession Boots!)
  • Texture when water is applied, feel like you loose all cleansing benefits of product, hence the need to use dry.
I would recommend this product to all and sundry!


Below is information from Boots website: 
The first step to beautiful skin is effective cleansing. Specially formulated to effectively clear away dirt and impurities, No7 Beautiful Skin Melting Gel Cleanser leaves dry complexions feeling as soft and supple as normal skin.
The gel develops into a non-drying oil to protect the skin’s natural moisture levels and hydrate dry areas at the same time. It then changes into a light milk formula for easier rinsing, so skin is left residue-free and totally refreshed. What’s more, it’s enriched with rosehip oil to really lock in moisture and offer a fuss-free approach to truly tailored skincare.
In trials, 85% of women agreed their skin looked healthier and 86% reported a more radiant complexion* after using the gel cleanser.
* Boots user trial results, March 2011
“A clever gel that transforms as you massage into the skin. Effectively removes make-up and impurities while being gentle and non-drying on the skin.” Dr Mike Bell, Boots Scientific skincare advisor


1 comment:

  1. Cool looks like it might work for my sensitive skin then :) Yeah ... I don't have eczema per se but I do get dermatitis every now and then if I use foaming face washes + certain body washes :(. I'm suffering from a reaction now because I overly cleansed my skin (dry flaky burnt patches - so not good). I'm glad I stumbled on this. Thanks for reviewing :)!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, feel free to leave a comment. Please leave a nickname for all anon posts as I may respond.