Welcome

A Black British Beauty Blogger

Monday 9 April 2012

Seche Vite Top Coat

I had to write an entry to this top coat as it has been tried an tested by me over the last three months - I am already on my second bottle!


Seche Vite with my kiss of approval

This product appeared on my radar after reading a number of reviews. Having run out to purchase OPI's Rapid Drops (and found it lacking) to say I was sceptical would be an understatement. 

However, in January I ran out of top coat and had gone in a mini spree in the nail store, seeing a bottle on the shelf I added it to my basket. At the checkout the sales assistant did everything he could to dissuade me from purchasing this top coat, but curious about the product I stood firm. 

 It took a week before I tried it and the verdict was- my nails were dry within one minute of application. I could not believe it. Since  overcoming my initial shock I have been making regular use of it, whacking on a different nail colour before running out of the door. 


Company's  patter:
Seche Vite™ dry fast top coat is widely acknowledged as the world's finest top coat. Specially formulated to penetrate through nail lacquer to the base coat forming a single solid coating over the nail plate for a much more durable finish. Guaranteed not to yellow while leaving nails silky, stronger and resistant to chipping and peeling.
 Pro's
  • Touch dry top coat within three minutes of application. 
  • Super shiny finish 
  • No longer need to carry a bottle of nail polish for fear of chips whilst out. 
Negatives 
  • Doesn't last past two days on my brittle nails. 
  • Price - I but direct from a supplier so this isn't a factor for me but a quick search on the web allowed me to see that once again, UK consumers are being rippled off on an overseas product.
Verdict
Having purchased my second bottle I am a fan. I make sure to spend time on applying the colour let this air dry for around five minutes before putting on Seche Vite et voila, touch dry nails. I can understand why the sales associate wasn't impressed, there are better top coats on the market, but none as quick drying as Seche Vite.

2 comments:

  1. Wonder why the sales assistant tried to dissuade you from buying it....how much did you pay and where?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a regular customer of this nail store and the sales guy is famiilar with the poor state of my nails. In his opinion I needed a medicated product and knew the Seche Vite wouldn't last on my brittle nails.

      Delete

Hi, feel free to leave a comment. Please leave a nickname for all anon posts as I may respond.