Welcome

A Black British Beauty Blogger

Saturday 31 March 2018

Oilatum Face Repair - discontinued



I'm absolutely gutted.

My long-loved Oilatum Face Repair Cream has been discontinued *cries*.

For as long as I could remember I have suffered with eczema, going through a period in secondary school where I had over 80% of my body, including my face, covered with lesions. Friends and family know that I have strange habits when it comes to my skin. My skin can be really inflamed, dry and irritated quite quickly. When I stay in hotels I bring my own pillowcases!

If I like something I stick with it.

I don't like change when it comes to skin care.

Last year I heard rumours and saw the signs.......Boots were no longer stocking the cream so I started hording stocks from online pharmacies in a bit to starve off the inevitable. I gradually gave up and emailed global giants, GSK (manufacturers of the product)for the details.

The response I received was:

"Thank you for your email regarding Oilatum.
 
Regarding your enquiry about the availability of Oilatum Natural Repair Face Cream, we can confirm that it has been discontinued and is no longer available. I am sorry that I am unable to bring you more positive news."

Naturally I was gutted as I loved the fact that the cream allowed my skin to feel moisturised throughout the day, not becoming inflamed or tight. It was really hard to find something that would do all three: moisturise, reduce inflammation and last throughout the day.

This conformation stressed me out as I was panicking over what other cream could be suitable. I struggled at first but it wasn't all doom and gloom - I'll post my replacement for this cream soon!






1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, feel free to leave a comment. Please leave a nickname for all anon posts as I may respond.