Welcome

A Black British Beauty Blogger

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Sleek MakeUp Be Beautiful Balm (Review)

The announcement that Sleek MakeUp had decided to enter into the BB (Beauty Balm) market left me excited. As a Woman of Colour I was miffed that many of the cosmetic companies had largely ignored my skin shade and the entry of a product from Sleek was sure to make up for this, right? 

Hmm, well sort of. 

There are only four shades of the Be Beautiful Blemish Balm: Fair, Light, Medium and Dark.
As Sleek MakeUp create over thirty different shades in their  foundation range, I found it hard to understand why they felt that they could try to fit us all into only four shades in their BB range.

 My shade in Sleek’s foundation is Hot Chocolate which, at three shades from the end, is on the darker end of  their spectrum. I naturally reached for the ‘Dark’ box but found the shade far too red for me; the Medium shade was on the yellow side but blended in enough to convince me to buy it.  

Positives:
  • I loved the fact that I only need a small amount and a decent coverage was produced.  
  • It was light enough to be used during warm weather and so will be my go-to base for holiday looks abroad.
  • Love that it contains SPF (protect your Skin!)
  • Price - glad that they kept the range afforable.
The only negatives for me were:
  • Oily finish- something I think anyone with an oily T-Zone will always encounter with these types of products.
  • Lack of shades- I adore Sleek but feel that they have missed a trick in not expanding their range, particularly on the Women of Colour shades.
  • Chemical Smell- took me a while to get used to. 
 What do you think of BB creams, over hyped or useful?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, feel free to leave a comment. Please leave a nickname for all anon posts as I may respond.