Welcome

A Black British Beauty Blogger

Sunday 28 October 2012

Illamasqua Satin Primer (Review)

I am a big advocate of wearing a primer under foundation. The act of placing a barrier between my precious skin and the chemicals found in some products is essential for me to prevent flare-ups of my eczema and reduce discomfort.  

Illamasqua has been doing some amazing things with their foundation range lately but, whilst stopping by their beautiful Beak Street store, it was the Satin Primer caught my eye and I decided to give it a try.   The primer appears as a milky white liquid - but fear not my ladies of colour, it doesn’t apply ashy. A little bit of this primer goes a long way, sinking into my skin to leave an invisible smooth barrier.  For me, a good primer should enable less product to be used through the creation of a smooth surface that doesn’t highlight any dry patches and compensates for my oily T-Zone. Thankfully the Satin Primer did all of this and more! I found that despite me sweating like a Betty on the dance floor (I go hard, what can I say) my foundation stayed put for more than a reasonable amount of time – no walk of shame for me.My skin was not irritated and my nose was not offended by the slight scent provided.  

How I use it
After waiting for my moisturiser to settle down I will apply as few drops of this primer using a foundation brush, as per Illamasqua’s recommendation. After waiting a few minutes I will then go on to apply my foundation of choice.  

The £22.50 price tag may justifiably deter my ladies on a budget but I would recommend it to anyone who wants to splurge on a decent product that does what it states on the bottle.

To prime or not to prime; where do you sit on the primer debate?

1 comment:

  1. I only started using a primer last week and I am amazed how it helps to keep my makeup put ALL day long, wish I had started using it sooner!

    I found your blog via BlogLovin and would love if you could stop by & catch up on my latest GHD Party Hair Tutorial & Pink Jewel Styler post for some inspiration too :)

    www.lurchhoundloves.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4995777/LurchHoundLoves-Fashion-Blog

    ReplyDelete

Hi, feel free to leave a comment. Please leave a nickname for all anon posts as I may respond.